Welcome to another episode of Chat With Traders. Today, I have Michael Katz with me. He’s the managing partner Seven Points Capital, a New York prop trading firm, Seven Points Capital. He’s also an active day trader.
Mike and Seven Points Capital are large volume participants in the equity markets in the U.S. They also dabble in futures and options to a lesser extent as well. Yes, he has lots of experience trading millions of shares every month, which to me is a mind blowing amount.
Make sure to tune into today’s interview to learn a first-hand account of someone who was trading during the dot com era, what it means to do volume trading, and how to stay consistent. He dives deep into his successes and failures, so you definitely don’t want to miss.
And be sure to listen to the end where he shares his top three tips to set yourself up for success in 2018.
Ladies and gentlemen, here’s Mike Katz.
What’s Covered in This Interview:
- Mike’s experience of his first-hand account of someone who actually traded during the dot-com days. He shows us the differences and similarities of what’s happening currently in cryptocurrencies.
- Advantages of being a equities prop traders and when trading on dark pools can prove to be advantageous.
- Mike shares his momentum and scalping trading strategies.
- Mike’s tips for improving on consistency, what you can do when your performance is lacking, and three tips to increase your chances of trading success this year.
- Mike’s experiences trading big volume. He shares his insight from trading millions of shares monthly, how traders can increase confidence in their setups and how to figure out what stocks you prefer to trade
Links and Resources:
- A Complete Guide to Volume Price Analysis [Amazon]
- @Michael_Katz11 – connect with him on Twitter